Downlaod the newest BiXBiT alternative firmware for Whatsminer all series is created for all M2x, M3x, and M5x models, and depending on the configuration, it enables ASIC overclocking up to 130 Th/s.
Get more Whatsminer firmware.
Differences and Fee
- removes PSU, voltage, and chip frequency constraints imposed by the factory.
- permits a 10% power increase on three boards and a 40% power increase on two.
- 2.8% development fee.
- Download BiXBiT firmware for M2x/M3xM5x series. The zip-file with the firmware image will be automatically downloaded to your computer. Make sure your Whatsminer model corresponds with the downloaded version.
Use WhatsMinerTool for the installation
The ASIC must be flashed using the SD-card if the firmware cannot be installed using WhatsMinerTool. For this:Is Using a Custom ASIC Firmware from BiXBiT Free?Download BiXBiT firmware for M2x/M3xM5x series. The zip-file with the firmware image will be automatically downloaded to your computer. Make sure your Whatsminer model corresponds with the downloaded version.
Use WhatsMinerTools for the installation
The ASIC must be flashed using the SD-card if the firmware cannot be installed using WhatsMinerTool. For this:
- Check the version of your control board (for M3x these are H3, H6, H6os, H616 control boards)
- Download the utility for reverting your equipment to the service firmware: for H3 boards , H6 boards, H6os boards or H616boards
- Get the ASIC ready for SD card flashing. The detailed process is shown in the video below:
- Once the firmware is installed, open the ASIC’s web panel and go to the Configuration>Miner Configuration>Overclock. This is where your ASIC’s configuration settings are.
This section also has the Immersion Cooling option, which has to be checked if you immerse the ASIC into liquid. If there are errors related to the PSU cooler, it is required to flash the PSU using the function in the firmware: Configuration > Miner Configuration > PSU Firmware > Upgrade PSU Firmware.
Is Using a Custom ASIC Firmware from BiXBiT Free?
Free distribution is offered for the BiXbiT Whatsminer Firmware. Please be aware that custom firmware includes Developers Fee, which is a compensation for developers. The amount that is typically automatically subtracted from the miner’s total hashrate while the device is at work ranges from 1.8% to 2.8%.
Does the ASIC Lose Its Warranty from the Manufacturer When Used With a Custom Firmware?
No clear answer exists. Please make use of the manufacturer’s firmware to prevent warranty problems.
Is It Risky to Use the Custom Firmware for ASIC from BiXBiT?
No, all firmware revisions are rigorously tested before each release. Furthermore, these firmwares have long been used by all BiXBiT capacities.
Why the ASIC Does Not Start After Selecting a Profile?
The inbuilt algorithm may take up to an hour to finish configuring your ASIC, if you mean the first run after flashing the device.
How to Bypass the “Cannot Find Signature” Message During the Flashing Process of the ASIC?
For instructions on how to fix this error when it occurs, consult the user manual for the particular miner version you are using.
Is It Possible to Revert the ASIC Back to Its Original Settings After Using a Custom Firmware?
Yes, simply reinstall the official firmware using the standard procedure.