Downlaod the BiXBiT custom firmware for Whatsminer M5x series, which is designed for all Whatsminer M5x models.
Alternative Whatsminer M5x series firmware is created for all models and enables ASIC upclocking depending on configuration.
- Removes factory restrictions on PSU, voltage and chip frequencies.
- enables power increases of up to 10% on three boards and 40% on two.
- 2.8% development fee.
Get more Whatsminer firmware.
- Download BiXBiT firmware for Whatsminer M5x series
Use WhatsMinerTool for the installation
It is necessary to flash the ASIC using the SD-card in the event that the firmware cannot be installed using WhatsMinerTool. For this:
- Check the version of your control board (for Whatsminer M5x these are H6os, H616 control boards)
- Download the utility for reverting your equipment to the service firmware: for H6os boards or H616boards
- the ASIC in preparation for SD card flashing. The detailed process is shown in the video below:
- Once the firmware is installed, open the ASIC’s web panel and go to the Configuration>Miner Configuration>Overclock. Here are the ASIC’s configuration settings.
This section also has the Immersion Cooling option, which has to be checked if you immerse the ASIC into liquid. If there are errors related to the PSU cooler, it is required to flash the PSU using the function in the firmware: Upgrade PSU Firmware under Configuration > Miner Configuration > PSU Firmware.
Does the ASIC Lose Its Warranty from the Manufacturer When Used With a Custom Firmware?
No clear answer exists. Please make use of the manufacturer’s firmware to prevent warranty problems.
Is Using a Custom ASIC Firmware from BiXBiT Free?
Free distribution is offered for the BiXbiT Whatsminer Firmware. Please be aware that custom firmware includes Developers Fee, which is a compensation for developers. The amount that is typically automatically subtracted from the miner’s total hashrate while the device is at work ranges from 1.8% to 2.8%.
Why the ASIC Does Not Start After Selecting a Profile?
The inbuilt algorithm may take up to an hour to finish configuring your ASIC, if you mean the first run after flashing the device.
Is It Risky to Use the Custom Firmware for ASIC from BiXBiT?
No, all firmware revisions are rigorously tested before each release. Furthermore, these firmwares have long been used by all BiXBiT capacities.
Is It Possible to Revert the ASIC Back to Its Original Settings After Using a Custom Firmware?
Yes, simply reinstall the official firmware using the standard procedure.
How to Bypass the “Cannot Find Signature” Message During the Flashing Process of the ASIC?
For instructions on how to fix this error when it occurs, consult the user manual for the particular miner version you are using.