This post shows how to connect the power control cable, adapter board control cable, and fan control cable of Whatsminer M21S, as well as troubleshooting the operation.
Table of Contents
M21S Product Introduction
The MicroBT Whatsminer M21S is a Bitcoin ASIC miner with a maximum hashrate of 56 Th/s and a power consumption of 3360 W. It is designed to mine Bitcoin using the SHA-256 algorithm.
Whatsminer M21S product parameters are introduced as follows:
Computing power: 56TH/s ±5%
Overall power consumption: 3260W ±10%
Power consumption ratio: 60W/T
Supporting power supply: Whatsminer P21 (AC200~300V, 3500W ±10 %)
Ambient temperature: -5℃~40℃
Overall size: 390mm*155mm*240mm
Safety Reminders for Whatsminer M21S Wiring and Shelf Operation
1. Precautions for Whatsminer M21S wiring
The power control cable, adapter board control cable, and fan control cable of the mining machine must be connected correctly. If the control board, computing power board, adapter board, fan, etc. The whole machine and single board will not belong to the scope of warranty! When connecting the cable of the control board, the buckles must be matched, and the cable plug cannot be inserted into the socket forcibly in reverse. If it is reversed, it may burn the control board and the signal cable when it is powered on!
2. Power control cable connection precautions The power control cable is a 14pin line, and the card slot is inserted in the opposite position:
The correct connection method of cable plug and socket:
Wrong connection of cable plug and socket:
3. Precautions for connecting the control cable of the adapter board
The correct connection method of cable plug and socket:
4. Precautions for fan cable connection The fan cable is a 6pin cable, and the card slot is inserted in the opposite position: the correct connection method of the cable plug and socket:
5. Precautions for connecting the hash board and the adapter board The socket of the adapter board and the pin pin of the hash board must be installed in place to avoid other problems caused by contact problems! The correct connection between the adapter board socket and the hashboard pin:
6. Precautions for connecting the power copper bar When the power copper bar is connected to the power board, the positive and negative poles of the copper bar must not be connected incorrectly, and the screw gaskets that fix the copper bar must be aligned parallel to the edge of the copper bar, otherwise it may be short-circuited and burned when powered on The machine, and the fixing screws must be tightened to avoid the machine from malfunctioning due to poor contact of the copper bus! Correct connection of power supply copper bars:
7. Check the wiring of the whole machine After all the wiring of the mining machine is connected and all the screws are tightened, check again to confirm that the wiring is correct.
1) If all the lights on the panel of the mining machine control panel are off after power on, please check whether the 220V power cord and 16A power cord are connected reliably and correctly.
2) If the indicator light on the right side of the mining machine control panel is on, but the network port light is not on, or the green light is not flashing, please check whether the switch is normal, whether the network cable connection is reliable, and whether there is any problem with the quality of the network cable.
3) The computer running WhatsMinerTools software and the mining machine must be in the same network segment, otherwise the software may not receive the broadcast message sent by the mining machine, and thus cannot query the ip address and mac address information reported by the ipfound button of the mining machine.
4) If the computer and the mining machine are in the same network segment, and the dhcp service is enabled in the network, after pressing the mining machine ipfound button, the WhatsMinerTools software does not find the mining machine’s ip, long press the reset button on the mining machine panel for more than 5 seconds , restore the factory default configuration, then power off the mining machine and then power on to restart, and then press the ipfound button to detect the IP address of the mining machine after powering on for 30 seconds.
5) If the computer runs the WhatsMinerTools software, click “Start”, without manually pressing the ipfound button, the software automatically finds the ip address and mac address of the mining machine. At this time, the ipfound button of the mining machine may be stuck on the panel. Find The software displays the mining machine corresponding to the mac address (the mac address barcode is pasted on the mining machine panel), power off the corresponding mining machine, and then reinstall the control board to ensure that the buttons and indicators on the control board are exposed from the installation holes and are not stuck.
Check the Running Status of the Mining Machine
After the mining machine is connected to the running network, log in to the mining machine and check the running status of the mining machine.
(1) In the miner interface, select: Status->CGMiner Status to enter the cgminer running status interface.
(2) Check the overall computing power of the mining machine, the speed of the front and rear fans, the connection to the mining pool, the computing power of the single board, and the temperature of the single board.
1) The mining machine is connected correctly and the network is normal. After the mining machine is powered on, it will automatically conduct a frequency search test. The frequency search test stage takes about 15 minutes. After the frequency search is completed, it will enter the formal mining stage. At this time What is displayed is the computing power of normal operation. If the frequency search has not ended, the computing power seen will be lower than the normal operating computing power.
2) If the temperature of the air outlet of the hash board is higher than 85 degrees and the fan speed is above 6100 rpm, the mining machine will run at reduced frequency, and the computing power will be lower than the normal computing power. Ventilation and cooling measures for the operating environment of the mining machine need to be done well to ensure that the ambient temperature of the mining machine is below 40°C.
3) If the fan cable is not reliably connected to the control board, the corresponding fan speed in the mining machine interface will be 0, which will cause the temperature of the mining machine to be too high, the frequency of the computing power board will drop, and the computing power will drop.
4) If some hash boards and temperatures are not detected in the status interface, you need to power off the mining machine, re-plug the power cord and data cable ends of the corresponding hash board (one end of the control board, one end of the hash board), Make sure the connection is secure.